Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Yeah I did it. I Switched the Blog.

Sorry for any inconvenience to the masses of people who visit this blog, which amounts to maybe a grand total of 20. But I decided to be more true to what I'm beginning to do here and write. Which s of course to comment on the nature of gaming as a whole--philosophically as it were, and not just record the goings on of the VJH RPG Club, which I run, or my other gaming endeavors. I will still do the latter of course, but I also need a place to really express my gaming thoughts.

So in order to maintain integrity the Blog is now called The Classic RPG Realms. obviously if you've found yourself here you followed the new web address http://classicrpgrealms.blogspot.com/. So enjoy the new site. Hopefully it will have a wider appeal and more frequent posts now as it doesn't have to connect directly to my active gaming endeavors, but rather appeal to pen and paper gamers of all sorts.

Now why the change to _that_ particular name? Well, it has to do with my preference for certain classic RPGs. Namely Advanced Dungeons and Dragons, Gamma World, Star Frontiers, Call of Cthulhu, Boot Hill, Arduin Grimoire, Alternity, GDW Traveller, Dangerous Journeys, Lejendary Adventures, Top Secret, Hero and others of like ilk. In fact one might wonder what exactly gets to be termed a classic game--which will undoubtedly make for an interesting and likely subjective future post. For now let's just all agree that we won't be talking about the latest and greatest version of a game that was already done "right" in the 70's.

So stay tuned and be prepared to perhaps be ruffled a bit, because now I'll be letting loose with some editorial criticism that others are bound to find disagreeable at times. But remember it's all just exactly that--opinion. It might be logical and rationally argued, but when it comes right down to it, well, to each his own.

Peace,

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment